March 30, 2021

My 2nd Insta360 One R mounting option: A unicorn on handle bar


Visit my Youtube Channel & don't forget to SUBSCRIBE yer: 

Click Here -> https://www.youtube.com/c/MSopianHassan

Owned an action camera is the best thing happened for me as a MTB rider. To mount it, another quest have to explore. 

I owned a GoPro Hero 7 Black action camera, which is a great camera especially for its stabilisation. I have upgrade it from Hero 4. Recently, I have found a good bargain pre-owned Insta360 One R from a guy in Malacca. Never give a second thought, just grab it. 

And I am a lucky guy to own an Insta360 One R. Yeah.. then the quest for mounting is keep on continue. Based on the mounts that I already have from my GoPro, I choose the handle bar mount with the extension stick as the best choice for my One R. Here is the setup. I am posting this as a request from my Youtube channel's fan - they would like to know my mounting setup for my Insta360 One R.


I used two (2) parts - First one is the handle bar clamp with the three pieces hook for GoPro. That clamp I used to hook an extension aluminium bar. 

The Second part is the aluminium extension bar with the length about 20 cm. At the ned of the extension bar, I mounted the Insta360 One R.

However, there still an issue of the link clamp (weak point) will be slide down a bit during cycling. So, it does not look nice, however the video still hide the red aluminium extension bar.

To solve that issue, I added a hard rubber piece as the pad to force the aluminium extension bar to maintain straight. As a result, the aluminium extension bar is maintain a straight line. It does look nice. :)


NEXT Plan: Will buy a longer extension bar. Found on online that have a 25 cm long. Will update it once I bought that extension.

Thanks guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment